To download applications to our smartphone or tablet, us Android users usually resort to the official Google Play store, because it’s installed by default on our phone, because it’s comfortable and because we trust whatever Google offers us.
But if you don’t want anything to do with Google‘s store or you just don’t have it installed on your phone (it may happen if you use Cyanogenmod or if you’ve bought yourself an unknown Chinese phone), you should know that there are other stores that are as good or even better than the one developed by the guys at Mountain View.
And there we can find all sorts of apps: those that Google hasn’t approved or have been rejected because they don’t meet their policies, such as those applications to download videos from YouTube, or even free versions of paid applications.
An alternative Android market that stands up to Mobogenie.
Nowadays, Aptoide is the best one of them all and the strongest alternative to the Play Store. It includes millions of applications ready to be downloaded and installed by the user in APK format and it also allows developers to offer their products by creating their own app stores.
How does Aptoide work? How to install it on Android? How to add repos?
As you’ve already imagined, this application isn’t available on Google Play, but installing it on our smartphone or tablet is as easy as getting hold of its APK via its official website or the download link we’re hereby offering. It’s also very really simple to use. Just download the application to start downloading apps from this alternative store. It doesn’t require signups or logins, although creating a free account can provide us with some added advantages.
Easy to install and even easier to use.
Once we open the app we can start browsing through its millions of applications, from Google Play classics like Pokémon GO, Geometry Dash or Minecraft PE, to programs forbidden on Google’s market, like Tubemate or Lucky Patcher.
A simple tap on the Install button is enough to have the app we want on our smartphone. Previously, you’ll have to enable the option that allows the installation from unknown sources to be able to make the most of all these applications.
That’s all about the official default repo in this application. But one of the most significant features of this tool is being able to download apps and games from stores developed by other users that receive the name of repos or repositories. To add a new one, you only have to follow these steps:
- Step 1. Access the Stores tab on the interface’s upper toolbar.
- Step 2. Tap on the + button.
- Step 3. Write the name of the repo to be added or choose one from the list of most popular stores.
- Step 4. Press the Follow button to have a shortcut to the applications published by that store.
There are hundreds of different repositories out there including the popular apps, milaupv, darkkiller or mark 8, from where you can download a free version of the popular mobile game Minecraft Pocket Edtion, which is usually a pay-to-play game.
- Millions of APKs to be downloaded straight to your phone.
- Thousands of applications that can’t be found in any other market.
- Free applications that on Google Play are paid apps.
- Possibility to search by thematic stores.
- Security improvements due to how easy it is to insert malware into the apps of this store.
- Built-in search engine to easily find any application.
- Discover the best apps, those recommended by the editor or popular applications at that moment.
- Update tab to know if you’ve got the latest version of your apps.
- Lite version that intends to be the fastest app store in the world.
- Stores tab to add repos created by third parties.
Aptoide vs Mobogenie and Blackmart. Which one is better?
This tool is obviously not the only tool of its nature out there. There are several applications that intend to be the best Google Play alternative to offer us millions of free apps that we could never find in Google’s official store or otherwise have to pay for them.
One of the most popular ones is definitely Mobogenie, a very similar application to the one we’re talking about, but even more complete. Not only does it allow us to download and install apps and games on our mobile device, but we’ll also have access to loads of songs in MP3 format, eBooks and, above all, the possibility to download videos from YouTube from within the application.
With regard to Blackmart or Blackmarket, it’s probably quite an unknown alternative compared to the other two, but not necessarily worse. In fact, its most loyal users defend it by stating that the number of applications is much larger and that it doesn’t require repositories (the download of applications is centralized in a single store), although, on the contrary, it may be somewhat unstable as it’s only available in an alpha version for the time being.
In view of all these features, it’s quite obvious that having this APK installed on our Android device is almost a must. And what happens if we’ve got an iPhone? Well, unfortunately, Aptoide iOS isn’t available yet, and it doesn’t look like it will be around in the near future. Appl smartphone users don’t know what they’re missing out on.
What’s new in the latest version
The new version of the alternative app store to the Google Play Store introduces minor improvements and corrects some of the bugs and errors found in previous editions. Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.0.3.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the “Unknown sources” option within Settings>Applications.